Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sassy Polish Gnocchi and Martinis

Last night I sassied Carolina! Pictured on the fork above is her last gnocchi. She wouldn't take no for an answer. More generous with her food and drink than any other stranger I have sassied, she offered to share everything with me - her wine, her last gnocchi, and even her chair.

Carolina and her husband invited me to join them the following weekend at Polish House for drinks and house-made sausage. I never made it to Polish House, but I hope to run into these two on another occasion. 



Later that evening, at Long (same ownership as Seattle's iconic Tamarind Tree), a gentleman with pink hair and offered me pork in coconut milk, bites of banana dessert and sips of a Manhattan cocktail. We chatted about restaurants, photography, iPhone apps, the Droid, and of course, food.

Our server (below) was patient and accommodating as we swapped food with our neighbors. I gave her my card. She wasn't sure whether to tear it up or give it back to me, or keep politely considering it....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I wasn't sure how to contact you so I'm leaving a comment, I hope this is OK.

I'm writing to see if you would interested in a pair of comp tickets to The Seattle Blind Cafe, concert, sensory tasting and blind awareness event that's happening in the pitch dark this weekend, thur - Sat. Sept. 12th - 14th.

http://theblindcafe.com/seattle-blind-cafe/

Would ask that you write a little something before the event to help with spreading the word, i.e your expectations etc. and then after the event.

We have extra comp tickets for bloggers like yourself anyone of the nights.

Hope you can make it and join myself and 100 other people in a pitch dark surrounded by dark choc, good food and friends,

Thanks ~Rosh
theblindcafe@gmail.com
720 495 7797